koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Discussion concerning the possible use of M::B rather than

From: Chris Nighswonger
Subject: [Koha-devel] Discussion concerning the possible use of M::B rather than EU::MM for Koha installation
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:19:27 -0500

In looking at how to approach the installation of marc/lang options
for zebra with makefile, I ran across Module::Build which is a pure
perl variety of ExtUtils::MakeMaker. Since we also have to address the
issue of cross platform installation of Koha and M::B supports cross
platform installtion, I am wondering if there are any issues holding
us back from switching to M::B? The port should not be too difficult
and would only require that the installer have M::B installed on their
system.

Any thoughts?

Chris

--