koha-translate

Re: [Koha-translate] to begin with...

From: nicolas morin
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] to begin with...
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 08:16:34 +0000

dbkliv wrote:

address@hidden wrote:

Hi all,
I have noticed that the french translation of the template files contains
diacritical characters which are represented with the &...; sequence

We used the &...; sequence for want of a better solution : that way we're pretty sure the characters will display properly, but it isn't really easy to use : after a few é and ô you tend to get lost in your own translation... Any suggestion of a better solution welcomed.

[...]

Since I have used Kate Editor under redhat where polish diacritics are
available directly I wonder whether I could leave it that way. Must I
convert all the polish characters (ISO-8859-2, I hope) into the &....; html
sequence?

ISO-10646 (Unicode) is probably the strongest bet here.

I'd be happy to hear more about that...

Nicolas Morin