koha-translate

[Koha-translate] Re: Meta tag

From: address@hidden via news-to-mail gateway
Subject: [Koha-translate] Re: Meta tag
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 05:40:28 GMT

In article <address@hidden>,
Benedict  <address@hidden> wrote:

>But my question is what to do with those <FONT
>SIZE=2 face="arial, helvetica"> that can be found in
>"details-opac.tmpl" ?
>
>No matter what I do and whatever a meta tag I insert the FONT
>tag forces iso-8859-2 on my system. And I think many will
>experience same problem.

I think if this is a problem, then the FONT tags should be
either corrected (to use an ISO-8859-2 font), or removed.

For Chinese pages, FONT FACE="arial, helvetica" tags will also
force pages to ISO-8859-1 on some browsers (but not all),
resulting in completely unreadable pages.

Usually, if I have to fix FONT tags but there are too many of
them to fix, I would replace all of them with style sheets;
at least if my fix is wrong I will only have to fix one style
sheet.  I haven't tried this with Koha yet, so I don't know how
practical this is, but I suppose it could be done.

--
Ambrose Li  <address@hidden>
http://ada.dhs.org/~acli/cmcc/  http://www.cccgt.org/

DRM is theft - We are the stakeholders