libcdio-devel

C.Y.M's build problem (Was Re: [Libcdio-devel] make check failure)

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: C.Y.M's build problem (Was Re: [Libcdio-devel] make check failure)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 08:28:00 -0500

C.Y.M writes:

 > > I found the problem. On 2006-01-06, a file was checked in called
 > > libcdio/test/copying.iso

Interesting.  And in almost two months no other than you has reported a
problem with these files?

 > > If I take current cvs and revert this one file back to the one on
 > > 2006-01-05,
 > > then current cvs builds and tests fine.
 > >
 > > There must be something wrong with that new .iso file.
 > >

 > Actually, it was two files checked in that broke it.
 >
 > libcdio/test/copying.iso
 > libcdio/test/copying.right

So explain how it is that storing these files is causing your computer
to give that check_fuzzy error message when the log reports it is a
failure from a different program, iso_read, on a different file.

It's more likely that the problem is something in the way things are
set up on your computer, possibly as a result of the CVS update and
old data from before. I think you've had and reported problems similar
to this in the past. My suggestion (similar to suggestions of others
the past) is to clean out all old data "make distclean" or simply
remove out the CVS tree completely and check out the tree from
scratch. Or use instead the latest libcdio 0.77 release which isn't
all that different. Those two files mentioned are the same in CVS and
in libcdio 0.77.