libcdio-devel

Re: C.Y.M's build problem (Was Re: [Libcdio-devel] make check failure)

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: C.Y.M's build problem (Was Re: [Libcdio-devel] make check failure)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:45:44 -0500

C.Y.M writes:
 > R. Bernstein wrote:
 > > C.Y.M writes:
 > >  > I can build the libcdio-0.77 release fine as it is and the check
 > > reports OK.
 > >
 > > Okay this is useful information. (Although if there had been a
 > > problem, you would have done the community more a service by testing
 > > one of the release candidates. ;-)
 > >

 > Sorry, I was on vacation. :)
 >
 > > ..
 > >  >
 > >  > I did delete the entire tree and get it over from CVS. Same problem.
 > > CVS builds
 > >  > fine as it is.. but when I try the "make check" thats when it fails
 > > (unless I
 > >  > use those two file with older versions).
 > >
 > > Did you remove previously existing libcdio libraries? If not, it's
 > > possible these are conflicting depending on whether you configured
 > > with or without versioned libraries. The simplest thing is to remove
 > > them and/or configure with --disable-shared.
 > >

 > I tried removing the previous libs, and I tried a ./configure
 > --disable-shared.
 > Both built fine, but failed on "make check" (unless I use the older versions
 > of
 > copying.iso and copying.right).  So, this is something different with CVS.

Perhaps, but you haven't yet made a compelling case. My own tests
don't show a problem with CVS. If however things are it is as you say,
then no doubt someone else will report it too and perhaps they'll give
enough detail to go further.

For various reasons, others like you might be unavailable; so we
should give it a while. And since we are early in the next release
cycle, there's plenty of time to address. If it's still a problem by
the time when I mention one of the next release candidates, we can try
to readdress then.