libcdio-devel

Re: C.Y.M's build problem (Was Re: [Libcdio-devel] make check failure)

From: C.Y.M
Subject: Re: C.Y.M's build problem (Was Re: [Libcdio-devel] make check failure)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 06:07:30 -0800

> So explain how it is that storing these files is causing your computer
> to give that check_fuzzy error message when the log reports it is a
> failure from a different program, iso_read, on a different file.
>
> It's more likely that the problem is something in the way things are
> set up on your computer, possibly as a result of the CVS update and
> old data from before. I think you've had and reported problems similar
> to this in the past. My suggestion (similar to suggestions of others
> the past) is to clean out all old data "make distclean" or simply
> remove out the CVS tree completely and check out the tree from
> scratch. Or use instead the latest libcdio 0.77 release which isn't
> all that different. Those two files mentioned are the same in CVS and
> in libcdio 0.77.

I can build the libcdio-0.77 release fine as it is and the check reports OK.
Interestingly, the latest release does contain the new versions of those two
files i mentioned.  There must be some difference in the tests.

I did delete the entire tree and get it over from CVS. Same problem.  CVS builds
fine as it is.. but when I try the "make check" thats when it fails (unless I
use those two file with older versions).