libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.78 release soon?

From: Burkhard Plaum
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.78 release soon?
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:08:23 +0200

Hi,

R. Bernstein wrote:
I have some unexpected free time right now, and I'd like to release
what we have in libcdio to clear out some old pending changes.

Here's what we currently have in NEWS

- add mmc-tool
- add mmc-close-tray
- libudf: can now read (extract) file data, at least for ICB strategy type 4.
- libcdio is starting to get updated for UTF-8 support. Strings,
  which are guaranteed to be in UTF-8, are returned as a new type
  cdio_utf8_t, which is typedef'd to char.

Anything else? As usual, I'll take dead silence as overwhelming
support for making a release soon.

Looks ok.

What I noticed is that cdio_eject_media() doesn't always work (so I disabled
my eject-buttons for gmerlin again). After researching a bit, I found, that
*reliable* cdrom ejecting seems to be far from trivial. Are there any plans
to improve this?

Burkhard