libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.78 release soon?

From: Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libcdio 0.78 release soon?
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:52:29 +0200

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 11:44, R. Bernstein wrote:
> Still, I'm curious if it would have helped in the situation mentioned.
Well, libunieject provides all the methods to do the actual ejection, and it
comes down to a simple libunieject_eject() call after all. Maybe I should
first add support for using a CdIo_t pointer as a base for the unieject
descriptor too.

The main issue is that some OSes requires to close the open descriptor, which
is kinda unpractical on the long run.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...