libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] Eject

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Eject
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 14:26:18 -0400

Just to let folks know where things stand with a libcdio
release. Diego indicated that there may be things that he might want
to put in libcdio. However he's been a bit busy so I said we would
wait patiently.  (But Diego: if there's anything you want or can to
offload to let me look at, let me know.)

address@hidden writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I just reenabled eject for gmerlin (for audio CDs for now) and
 > found, that it works most of the time, i.e. I found no reproducible
 > situation where it doesn't.

As mentioned before, it's possible on 2.6 GNU/Linux kernels you may
have be in a group or some sort of permission. Not completely sure,
but there were some accounts where eject wasn't working. It may also
have to do with what else is running that may be grabbing the CD.  For
example had been (and still is?) the case in Solaris.

 > I'll continue checking with VCDs and DVDs as well (don't know if that makes
 > a difference).
 >
 > Off-Topic: Could the Reply-to address of libcdio-devel be changed to
 > address@hidden Sourceforge lists can be configured this way,
 > don't know about savannah. Right now, clicking "reply" will send the
 > message to the sender only.

Has been done. Thanks for the suggestion.