libcdio-devel

Re: [Libcdio-devel] New MMC routines and thoughts on eject

From: Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] New MMC routines and thoughts on eject
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:51:35 +0200

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 16:38, Burkhard Plaum wrote:
> I cannot think of a situation, where an application should care about
> how the eject is realized internally, but maybe I'm wrong.
The problem is that on some operating systems and under some circumstances,
you need the application doing the eject to be suid root for instance.

unieject needs to be in plugdev group, as pmount is, to be able to use pumount
for instance, and thus be allowed to eject HAL-mounted devices.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...