Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Stallman nuts?

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Stallman nuts?
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 15:27:39 -0500

On Tue, September 17, 2019 9:22 am, Adrienne G. Thompson wrote:
>    Quiliro, I see you're at [1]riseup.net!
>
>      Your message has made Richard Stallman, an icon to human rights,
>      resign as
>      president of the board of directors and as president of the FSF.
>      As for me, I will stop preferring women for positions on free
>      software
>      technical areas. I think that they will earn them if they deserve
>      such
>      positions.
>
>    Affirmative action is a noble concept, but sometimes adopting the
>    policy just doesn't make sense. You always need the very best for
>    technical positions - which should accordingly be earned on merit. I
>    doubt that I will be "preferring women" for technical positions at GNU
>    C-Graph!

I have always made preferences.:
- activists over nonactivists
- humane people over nonhumane people
- women over men
and other aspects I consider good practices. Every decision a person makes
is politics. I try to be aware of that fact.

I can teach anyone interested enough to be a great technician. But now I
have eliminated my third category of benefited by my scholarship.

>    This whole business smells like a set-up. I've noted the number of
>    people who rushed to distance themselves from rms, some of whom he
>    might once have considered friends. RMS will rise again in the blink of
>    an eye!

I think what Richard did was strategically the best. I respect him for
putting the free software movement in the first place and for being so
humble with that action.

>    You may write me down in history
>    With your bitter, twisted lies,
>    You may trod me in the very dirt