Re: One word label for someone who rejects proprietary software

From: Roberto Beltran
Subject: Re: One word label for someone who rejects proprietary software
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 06:09:16 +0000

   Okay cool, that's more like it. I'll discard 2 because like I said I'm
   not a fan of that perspective.

   With regards to the deontological perspective, the point is exactly
   that you may have your intended purpose in creating the tool, but the
   user has their own. You have your ends and the user has his. It might
   be as trivial as the three year old doesn't like the color of the
   numbers. Of course a three year old isn't going to be able to do much
   with the source code, but neither are most people. The toddler would
   rely on his caretakers like the rest of us rely on our community.

   I don't see anything that specifically tries to rebut my virtue ethics
   position.

   I object to your premise that not providing source code necessarily
   restricts users.  And if the premise is faulty then anything based upon
   it needs to find a new premise to base itself on.

   I made no mention of source code in any of my original positions.