FSF Campaigns are more important than ever - forget "idea whose time has

From: Jean Louis
Subject: FSF Campaigns are more important than ever - forget "idea whose time has passed" - is not true
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 21:20:37 +0300

* al3xu5 <dotcommon@autistici.org> [2021-03-29 19:49]:
> Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:33:27 -0700 - Danny Spitzberg <stationaery@gmail.com>:
>
> > Interesting perspective, worth engaging with. It covers everything from
> > the term free/libre and beer, to Microsoft and IEC 62304, to not getting
> > credit and reactionary attitudes.
> >
> >  “Free Software”: An idea whose time has passed
> >
> > Robert M. Lefkowitz
> > <https://r0ml.medium.com/?source=post_page-----6570c1d8218a-------------------------------->
> >
> > [...]
> > https://r0ml.medium.com/free-software-an-idea-whose-time-has-passed-6570c1d8218a

I just don't find it important to discuss what somebody else said on
Internet, where there are no statistics, and no facts supporting that,
and where there is no benefit for free software or users' freedom.

Excuse me, I think in functions like this

(if (and (null (decision-makers-list article))
         (null (no-influence-on-fsf-p article))
         (null (no-facts-p article))
         (null (no-benefit-for-free-software-p article)))
    ;; THEN
    (no-discuss)
  ;; OTHERWISE
  (discuss))

Without action towards free software and users' freedom we will
not change anything by discussing.

Something more beneficial here:

Do some action, like sign the petition here and tell us if you
signed or tell us your opinion about students freedom in
classroom: https://my.fsf.org/give-students-userfreedom

Upgrade from Windows:
https://www.fsf.org/windows

Tell us how many computers did you convert from proprietary to
free operating system.

Use video tag in your WWW pages:
http://diveintohtml5.info/video.html

Pledge to Upgrade to Free Software