Re: Linux distro chooser

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Linux distro chooser
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 08:25:05 +0300

* Robert <robert@itcave.de> [2021-10-25 17:40]:
> Hey Paul,
>
> thanks for sharing the Distrochooser. Looks nice, works great. Gladly, I
> chose the right distro, depending on the chooser :).

This is wrong mailing list to drive people to non-free software.

Please see:
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:About/Code_of_Conduct

 Advocate Freedom.

The free software movement is first and foremost a social movement, so
please be sure to have read our critical documents and understand our
core philosophy. In accordance with 1-3, please do not be aggressive
toward others who may not immediately share the same views. If we are
not encouraging and respectful, we can't hope to gain their
support. Frame issues and arguments in a way which is conducive to
changing minds, not alienating visitors. People are unlikely to listen
if they feel in any way like they're being attacked. They are much
more receptive to ideas which are presented in a positive and
constructive way. Being respectful doesn't mean sacrificing our core
ideals; we should always frame the issues we work on in terms of those
ideals. That means using language that foregrounds freedom, like
referring to the operating system we promote as "GNU/Linux", talking
about free software rather than open source, and encouraging people to
try distributions that are fully committed to freedom.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/