Re: Linux distro chooser

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Linux distro chooser
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 11:18:39 +0300

* jahoti <jahoti@envs.net> [2021-10-28 09:36]:
> > Regarding Wi-Fi, I have used USB dongles that simply work with free
> > operating systems. These I have used for years. Some Wi-Fi devices in
> > computers work without problems anyway.
> >
> > Though these last years, I don't use Wi-Fi directly, I connect to
> > mobile phone, USB tethering and mobile phone may connect to Wi-Fi.
> >
> > Now I am connected to Mi-Fi by USB tethering and use GNU/Linux
> > notebook to route Internet to LAN and other computers.
>
> Thank you! I completely forgot USB tethering existed- it sounds like a much
> more practical technique than I had thought it was, which is good.

Ways to connect to Internet:

- USB tethering;

- Wi-Fi, it can work or without USB Wi-Fi dongle;

- wired LAN network to router connecting to Internet;

- direct connection with wire from computer without Internet to
  computer with Internet;

- ISDN dial-up and normal telephone dial up;

- cable Internet;

- Bluetooth tethering;

This is computer I am working on right now, but I have many various others.

HW probe of Lenovo ThinkPad T410 2516DC... #387ee22bc4
https://linux-hardware.org/?probe=387ee22bc4

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns