Re: Linux distro chooser

From: jahoti
Subject: Re: Linux distro chooser
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 05:54:00 +0000

On 10/28/21 4:13 AM, Jean Louis wrote:
* jahoti <jahoti@envs.net> [2021-10-28 05:57]:
I would not call it "Freedom Ladder", you give me impression it is
something difficult, while I don't share that viewpoint.

True as that may be, it is important to consider that switching to a
new OS (even part-time) is a relatively large step, especially for
those who don't do so regularly. If the experience does not begin
well, there is a real risk people will give up and be less willing
to try again in future.

That's not to suggest recommending non-free distros, just that great
care be taken to ensure people will not install the free ones only
to be frustrated by them.

Sounds like hypothetical statement, help me understand it better.

For practical purposes, yes; it was based on someone else's first-hand account, the source of which I've misremembered and now cannot find.

Regardless, your first-hand experience is much more informative, relevant, and fortunately also optimistic- thank you for sharing it! Could I ask how you deal with Wi-Fi?