Re: Not "open source" hardware, "free design" hardware

From: Robert Read
Subject: Re: Not "open source" hardware, "free design" hardware
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 08:18:04 -0600

   Hi, I'm a bit of a lurker here. I've been using "open source medical
   technology" and "open medical technology", for example, in this
   manifesto:
   [1]https://chng.it/jzXpFspd
   However, I think "free design hardware" may be a better and more
   descriptive term. I suggest that term will work well with people who
   understand the design/development process. It may take more explaining
   to the general public.

   On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 10:22 PM Richard Stallman <[2]rms@gnu.org>