Re: Should we talk about "open source" hardware?

From: Valentino Giudice
Subject: Re: Should we talk about "open source" hardware?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 05:57:42 +0100

This isn't exactly correct.
Visual Studio Code, as I tried to clarify, doesn't claim to be open source.

As for VS Codium isn't exactly a fork. They consider themselves not to be one:
> "This is not a fork": https://github.com/VSCodium/vscodium

They do apply some modifications to the software, but they aren't a
fork. When you use VS Codium it will actually download a copy of Code
- OSS, then proceed to compile it after automatically modifying the
settings file and applying some patches.