Should we talk about "open source" hardware?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Should we talk about "open source" hardware?
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 23:17:38 -0500

  > Maybe you do not see it. Research. Term "open source" is also used as
  > term for proprietary software with published sources.

According to the Open Source Initiative's definition, that is NOT
open source.  It is not their fault that people stretch the term.

We criticize the term "open source" mainly based on its official
definition -- and based on the values it stands for.
Those who wish to direct attention to ideas of freedom
really should say "free/libre", which directs attention that way.