Re: FSF continuously harms Free Hardware

From: Jacob Hrbek
Subject: Re: FSF continuously harms Free Hardware
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 15:12:05 +0000

> What I cannot agree to is to call it "open source hardware" as that
is misleading, it is also contrary to "free software". As open source is
not necessarily free software. There is a lot of confusion. -- Louis
> Maybe you do not see it. Research. Term "open source" is also used as
term for proprietary software with published sources. It is used for
variety of products worldwide. -- Louis

I agree that this is a problem, but as presented FSF doesn't enable us
to use other terms as it's too software-oriented so this is the best we
can do even when the hardware is released under GPLv3.

--
Jacob Hrbek