Re: Should we take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software?

From: Julian Daich
Subject: Re: Should we take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software?
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 19:53:27 +0200

El 1/3/22 a las 6:24, Richard Stallman escribió:
> His message was political in the sense that it responded to a
> political question about a political situation.  That's natural.

Hi,

I think that a message from the FSF about this political situation
should start with a statement such as" Due the conflict in Ukraine the
US Government as decided XXX. As an US organization the FSF has to
complain with YYY" and so on.

Without such statement is unclear that the FSF is just obeying an
external holonomic legal constraint and open the door to other
interpretations.

Best,

Julian

--