Re: Should we take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Should we take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software?
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 11:02:09 +0300

* Aaron Wolf <wolftune@riseup.net> [2022-03-01 19:21]:
> That said, Devin didn't take sides in any sense or say anything
> inappropriate on behalf of the FSF. The only intention of his message was to
> say essentially, "FSF will comply with any legal requirements imposed on it"
> without even suggesting that any legal requirements are applicable at this
> time. The idea that Devin's message meant anything other thing this is pure

I allow Devin to speak for himself, as he did not declare to have you
being authorized to speak on his behalf.

I wish organizations in general would have better understanding of
corporate duties and obligations and powers issues to its officers.

And I don't blame Devin for such mistakes. But awareness should be
there that mistakes may impact community.

That is why in every serious organization one has to know how to speak
in public. As I do not represent any serious organization, I allow
myself little bit more freedom, but when I do, then I speak seriously
and aligned to my organization's goals and purposes, acts, laws,
orders, etc. I don't just speak out of my personal feelings.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman