Re: Announcing Zoë Kooyman as our new executive director

From: Jacob Hrbek
Subject: Re: Announcing Zoë Kooyman as our new executive director
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 05:19:14 +0000

For context i am arguing for a long time (like 4 years now?) for FSF to
be more gender equal where each time i bring that issue up everyone
starts with "oh there is zoe! we are very gender equal, because zoe! and
we always supported gender equality", but when i ping her on IRC or try
to talk to her she never responds, i never saw her talk to anyone on
IRC, i couldn't find her doing anything in terms of free software and
everyone always starts yelling at me for daring to try to talk to her or
about her.

at least from my experience thus the question.. wasn't meant to be
disrespectful if zoe is really a real person then this is a major
milestone for FSF to name a women as an executive director which i fully
support and argue for more gender equality.