Re: Announcing Zoë Kooyman as our new executive director

From: Jacob Hrbek
Subject: Re: Announcing Zoë Kooyman as our new executive director
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 16:17:05 +0000

   [cid:part1.MjglHH1U.KqXqDFhM@rixotstudio.cz]

   > I too found your post rather insulting. Not for questioning her
   existence. That I can chalk up to joke. More for the "nor saw her to do
   anything in Free Software" comment. I know she does work for
   LibrePlanet. I suspect she can be found in a number of the videos for
   previous years.
   I was more like talking about this^
   There is like no information about her (that i can find) the only
   things are FSF quoting what she allegedly said in a blog posts, she
   never talks to anyone on IRC or in mailing lists (i never seen her talk
   and neither did the 5 people that i asked), she doesn't even respond to
   people congratulating her here to replace RMS and the first thing that
   comes up about her on the internet is OSI website
   I didn't meant to be insulting or disrespectful, but she doesn't strike
   me as a trustworthy person in relation to FSF and Free Software
   movement nor as someone who cares about it at all and is just mostly
   used by FSF to show that they have a _one_ women in the team to avoid
   people like me accusing them of gender inequality (which they are and
   more steps should be taken about it)..
   Like what could possibly be the reasoning for her to be the person to
   be in such a critical position especially when there are people that
   are most likely significantly more qualified such as Ian Kelling?
   I would at least think that FSF would actually go on it's promise to
   make the role election democratic and allowed the associate members to
   vote on candidates.
   that said i will most likely support her if RMS supports her to be in
   such position
   On 3/4/22 16:40, Lori Nagel wrote:

   Congratulations to Zoë Kooyman.  I look forward to a massive scaling of
   the free software movement.