Re: Should distros take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Should distros take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 21:22:21 +0300

* Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> [2022-03-11 20:54]:
> Then again, we might want to spend a bit more time SCRUTINIZING SUBMISSIONS
> to the repositories.  I expect that the Russians (among others) are spending
> a bit more time, of late, inserting malware into things - to better
> distribute disinformation, the better to collect names of folks to arrest,
> the better to prepare for large scale cyberattacks.

Please do not spread FUD or Fears, Uncertainties and Doubts.

> Let's be sure that our efforts are helping the revolution, not the man.

That is not purpose of Libreplanet mailing list to support this or
that political opinions.

Please read here:

LibrePlanet:About/Code of Conduct - LibrePlanet
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:About/Code_of_Conduct

And let me remind you that in many countries your constitution defends
human rights, including UN declaration of human rights, so please
stick to what your nation, whatever it may be, promised to you as
citizens, not to discriminate against others or accuse others without
evidences.

Article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights | Stand up for human
rights | UN Human Rights Office
https://standup4humanrights.org/en/article.html

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns