Re: [Libunwind-devel] Why nobody answers?

From: Lassi Tuura
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Why nobody answers?
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 21:36:44 +0100

Hi,

> Yeah sure, but  the problem with those lists is that...
>
> nobody answers either!!!!!

Er, I'm on some of those lists and they definitely do answer in general. I
don't know about your specific question of course.

In general Apple seems to release their versions of open-source libraries at
http://www.apple.com/opensource; if you don't find what you want there, maybe
you can ask for the sources?

Try asking on darwin-dev, simply something like "My program generates code on
the fly. How do I register unwind tables for it?" (adjust to whatever info you
are after).

> I think I am completely stuck.
>
> The people that developed libunwind are in this list?

I think so.

> They *could* help me out of course.

I don't know. If Apple hacked the library, I am not sure libunwind developers
can help.

> In a nutshell:
>
> How can I replace the elf.h/elf specific part of the libunwind softwre with
> Mac OS X parts?
> Is that feasible?
>
> Will the resulting libunwid dynamic library be usable?
>
> Thanks in advance again for any pointers.

Sorry, I don't know the answer. Mac OS X uses Mach-O, not ELF, but presumably
you already know that much.

Lassi