Re: lilypond does not work with Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: lilypond does not work with Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 21:43:54 +0200 (CEST)

>>> A problem with the [MacPorts] lilypond-devel package is that it
>>> listed all dependencies for the build as required for the
>>> installer, including GCC, making it very large, so it should be
>>> slimmed down.
>>
>> This is not correct any more, I think.  See
>>
>>  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-10/msg00047.html
>
> Then it is maybe time to test it: I see that MacPorts now has been
>   updated for MacOS 10.15.

Well, right now you have to build MacPorts from source on MacOS 10.15
– I guess this takes almost a day of compilation.  (I don't have such
an OS, by the way).

Note that `port mpkg ...' rebuilds a package and *all* of its
dependencies from scratch (so that you can pass variants).

And note also that I haven't looked into how and what can get stripped
of from the mpkg bundle.

    Werner