Re: lilypond does not work with Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

From: Eric Benson
Subject: Re: lilypond does not work with Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 01:21:44 -0400

gcc8 doesn’t build in MacPorts on Catalina, at least it didn’t build for me
on Thursday. There was a MacPorts release on Friday, but I haven’t tried it
yet. Maybe the problem has been fixed. I never got lilypond to build with
gcc8 because I couldn’t build gcc8. I just modified the Portfile so it used
gcc9 instead. As far as I know, there’s no reason to think that lilypond
would have a dependency on any particular version of gcc, or even on gcc at
all.