Re: lilypond does not work with Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: lilypond does not work with Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 16:45:23 +0000

From: Eric Benson <address@hidden>
Date: Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 9:42 AM
To: Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>
Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>

I could, but it is quite unreasonable to expect Lilypond users to build from
source code, especially having to build MacPorts from source as well. It isn't
very hard to do, but it does take several hours.

I agree that it’s not ideal, but it’s better than saying “Sorry, you’re out of
luck.  There’s no way to get lilypond on Catalina.”

I think that we are going to need to move to having somebody with a Mac build
and provide an OSX 64-bit build for lilypond, rather than using GUB for the
64-bit build.  But in the meantime, even if it is a several-hour process, it is
at least a process.

Thanks,

Carl