Re: lilypond does not work with Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: lilypond does not work with Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 21:56:19 +0200

>>> This is not correct any more, I think.  See
>>>
>>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-10/msg00047.html
>>
>> Then it is maybe time to test it: I see that MacPorts now has been
>>  updated for MacOS 10.15.
>
> Well, right now you have to build MacPorts from source on MacOS 10.15
> – I guess this takes almost a day of compilation.  (I don't have such
> an OS, by the way).

The link I gave has an installer for MacOS 10.15, and it works. :-)
   https://www.macports.org/install.php

> Note that `port mpkg ...' rebuilds a package and *all* of its
> dependencies from scratch (so that you can pass variants).

I did that before, but I do not remember the details.

> And note also that I haven't looked into how and what can get stripped
> of from the mpkg bundle.

I got the impression that is what the link you gave was about:
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-10/msg00047.html

Also, lilypond-devel has not been updated to use gcc9. I am using it for other
things, so it would be good not having to install gcc8.