Re: make check is broken (again) - patch testing seeming to taking more

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: make check is broken (again) - patch testing seeming to taking more of my time than I like
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 13:58:16 +0000

On 10/28/19, 7:53 AM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Dan Eble"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden>
wrote:

    On Oct 28, 2019, at 05:32, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
    >  Last OS error: No such file or directory
    >
    > because the `share' tree present in
    >
    >  gub/uploads/webtest/v2.21.0-1-unpack/v2.19.83-1/
    >
    > is not created by the script in
    >
    >  gub/uploads/webtest/v2.21.0-1-unpack/v2.21.0-1/
    >
    > I seem to remember that this has worked the last time I worked on gub
    > (in January) …

    My change that made 'share' a symlink seems a likely candidate, but I hope
we can avoid simply reverting that, lest it require everyone to wipe their
build directories and rebuild from scratch to avoid weird side effects.  I took
pains to keep "make check" working with older baselines across that change, but
I put no effort (or thought) into supporting a move back to the past.

    I will attempt to build gub to reproduce and diagnose this issue.  If you
think my time would be better spent preparing a patch that cleanly undoes the
'share' change, I'm open to hearing it.

If you think that having the 'share' as a symlink is a net benefit, I'd prefer
to have you make it work perfectly, as opposed to trying to revert it cleanly.

Thanks,

Carl