Re: Musicology with Lilypond (and now correct attachments ;-)

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Musicology with Lilypond (and now correct attachments ;-)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 07:14:28 +0100

> Am 2019-10-28 um 00:52 schrieb Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
>
>> It's "public domain"
>> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/html/whatsthis.html
>>
>> Maybe LSR should better use GPL 3, not this deprecated one.
>> https://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain
>
> I've read that there are jurisdictions where there isn't even a concept like
> "public domain". There you have an absolute copyright to what you create, and
> not even you yourself can waive that copyright in the sense of "no copyright"
> - you can just provide free licences to allow access.

E.g. Germany and AFAIK most of Europe.

There *is* a concept of "public domain" ("gemeinfrei" in German), but it’s only
for stuff that is "out of copyright", you can’t *put* anything in public domain.

But of course you can *use* public domain stuff from other jurisdictions.

A new license for LSR would only apply to new code, you can’t put existing,
published code under a new license if you aren’t the sole author.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm