Re: Stanza Collision

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Stanza Collision
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 13:46:48 -0500

Hi there,

> I’m still working on getting my modified slur spacing issues worked out and
> have yet to come up with a solution for the collision between \set stanza =
> "*"

I honestly can’t understand what you’re trying to achieve…   =\

Having done a lot of work with Schenker graphs — which have a lot of the same
issues and "look & feel" as chants — perhaps if you can explain it a little
better, I can help figure out a better way to accomplish what you’re attempting.

> Are there other ways of inserting space into the lyrics (that will move the
> notes above to preserve relative alignment) that I haven’t tried?

There’s the obvious manual way:

words = \lyricmode {
  Some \set stanza = "*"
  \tweak self-alignment-X #-0.25 \markup \concat { words \hspace #2 } \set
stanza = "*"
  toooo \set stanza = "*"
  go longword \set stanza = "*" un -- der notes
}

But I still feel like if I knew better what you were trying to do, I could
figure out a programmatic way to handle it.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info