Re: Nested transposition

From: ebenezer
Subject: Re: Nested transposition
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 10:52:39 +0000

I don't have the expertise of the rest of you, but the first thing I did with Lilypond was give \relative the elbow. It just seemed like a nightmare way to compose. Ditto duration persistence. All for the sake of saving a few keystrokes?

Re: the manuals/guides where \relative is introduced as the way to compose using LP. Presumably, this has come about because most LPers find this easier, but I for one would have loved an "LP Guide for Non-relativists". And a guide with all the context in place, too!

That said, LP is an amazing piece of s/w and the community second to none. Without the help of this list I would have struggled to have my scores as easy to manage as they are today. Thank you!