Re: why Kieren is a \relative evangelist [was “Re: Nested transposition"

From: antlists
Subject: Re: why Kieren is a \relative evangelist [was “Re: Nested transposition"]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 00:37:57 +0000

On 19/03/2021 16:43, H. S. Teoh wrote:
It's somewhat mitigated by inserting octave checks every so often (say,
at the start of every section), so that when it does go wrong, there's a
warning, and the problem only propagates up to the next octave check
rather than the rest of the piece.

:-)

And Han Wen wrote the original octave check for me! Because I think I had exactly the problem Kieren is moaning about - I put a fragment of music in a variable, and because it started and finished over a 5th apart, I had great difficulty getting the phrase to repeat correctly. That was back in the 2.4/2.6 days ...

Cheers,
Wol