Re: why Kieren is a \relative evangelist [was “Re: Nested transposition"

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: why Kieren is a \relative evangelist [was “Re: Nested transposition"]
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 19:56:55 -0500

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 7:36 PM Paul Scott <waterhorse@ultrasw.com> wrote:
Any suggestions for small inexpensive MIDI keyboards?

I have an M-AUDIO Keystation 49e. Current version:

<https://m-audio.com/keystation-49-mk3>

Also available in 61-key and 88-key versions, entire product family here:

<https://m-audio.com/products/browse/category/keyboards-and-controllers

Note it's strictly a midi input device. It cannot make any sound whatsoever by itself.

When I was using it most, I had a free version of the Bome Midi Translator software...

<https://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator>

...to map unused MIDI-keys to text-keystrokes, and SpeedyMIDI for recording the input:

<https://speedymidi.sourceforge.io/>

Then I used midi2ly on the results.
--
Karlin High