Re: why Kieren is a \relative evangelist [was “Re: Nested transposition"

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: why Kieren is a \relative evangelist [was “Re: Nested transposition"]
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 17:36:08 -0700

On 3/16/21 3:58 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
Paul Scott <waterhorse@ultrasw.com> writes:

I am a copyist, not a composer.  I currently don’t have a MIDI
keyboard. I enter everything through Emacs without a mouse for pitch,
therefore haven’t considered tools like Frescobaldi so far.
I have been using \relative for many years and am aware of the problems.

Because of this discussion I have just started using \absolute for
bass clef parts and I just noticed \fixed which I will start
experimenting with.  Any other suggestions for my situation as
described above?

I will consider getting a small MIDI keyboard which would probably
lead to experimenting with Frescobaldi.
Ah, but Emacs' MIDI input mode deals better with chorded notes.

Any suggestions for small inexpensive MIDI keyboards?

Paul