Re: pitch-class sets in lilypond

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: pitch-class sets in lilypond
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 19:38:32 +0200

Le 20/09/2022 à 20:31, Martín Rincón Botero a écrit :
If you want to integrate this to Lilypond, like Jean says, Scheme and not Python (unfortunately for some of us who can barely read any Scheme) can be integrated into Lilypond.

I find Scheme a bit like wine. It's something nobody likes when they first discover it, but over time those who use it regularly appreciate it more and more.

(I say this as someone who still doesn't appreciate wine as yet. :-)

I am happy to see that you seem to intend to become a regular contributor. If you haven't already, you will soon find out that Guile is not just used in the large part of LilyPond's code that is written in Scheme, but also all over the place in the C++ parts, through the Guile C API and a good dose of lubrication with C++ idioms. Learning Scheme is definitely well-invested time (self-promotion: https://scheme-tutorial.readthedocs.io).

Jean