Re: [Linphone-users] libosip

From: Ged Haywood
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] libosip
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:40:30 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Simon,

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Ged Haywood wrote:

> I've now downloaded and installed > 0.12.1pre3 but I won't have time
> to do any testing until next week.
>
> I'll let you know what I find.

Bad news I'm afraid: 0.12.1pre3 is very much worse for us than 0.12.0
in practically every way.  The only improvement is that it doesn't
crash now, but there's more on that below.

I can't get any sense out of sipomatic.  The recording of your voice
sounds like a sick motor-boat.  It's the same whether the robot is on
a local machine or a remote one.

Although the calls are made and seem to connect properly, linphone
grumbles about timestamps in the future and neither user can talk to
the other.  There's no sound at all apart from the ringing tones.  The
system clocks on the two machines are synchronised to UTC via ntpd so
it's difficult to know how the timestamps could be wrong.

At least with 0.12.0 I could talk to the remote user, although the
sound was delayed by 2-3 seconds and the remote user couldn't be
heard.  Those problems might be because it's an OSS system at the
remote site, I've ordered a new machine for the site which should
allow us to use ALSA.

When I recompiled with debugging enabled, 0.12.0 no longer crashed!
I still couldn't hear the other user, unfortunately, and the delay
was not affected.

73,
Ged.