Re: [Linphone-users] linphone & tandberg with H264

From: Julien Garet
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphone & tandberg with H264
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 23:37:31 +0100

Hello,

It works quite well using the last version of msx264. But I have a few questions. Linphone sends H264 video to the tandberg and it seems to be 1080p video that is upscaled from source (my webcam isn't HD) consuming unnecessary cpu and bandwidth. Is there a way to limit resolution in the negociation phase ? And for reception, negociation ends to H263 and somerhing like QCIF resolution from the tandberg to linphone, do you know how this happens and can be improved ? The idea is to bring better end user experience when communicating between room equipments and desktop videoconferencing using linphone instead of commercial apps for my users.

Julien Garet