liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] To upgrade or not to upgrade?

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] To upgrade or not to upgrade?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:25:59 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 11:17:41AM +0200, Jan Gretschuskin wrote:
> I just don't have any C abylities, so I don't even now what CVS could
> But you can send those files to me, I'll just try to translate.
OK, here are the English and French files. I send them both for this
way you'll be able to figure out what has to be translated and what
does need to be translated. Basically, the stuff to be translated is all
the strings enclosed in "".

FYI, the "escape char" is \ . That is, if you want to display the=20
character " you'll need to type \" . Usefull special characters are:
\" -> "
\n -> newline
Here are a few examples in the French file:
LW_LANGFR_DATA[LW_LANG_STRING_ABOUT_CREDITS]   = "\"Credits\"";
LW_LANGFR_DATA[LW_LANG_STRING_ERROR_NETWORKPROBLEM] = "Il y a eu une erreur
reseau.\nCela peut arriver si la connexion est trop lente ou bien si elle a ete
coupee.";

One important point is that your translations must "fit" in the various
text boxes, buttons etc... Since you have no peculiar C skills, I assume
it won't be easy for you to compile the game and test your
modifications. What I suggest is that you do a first translation, and
then I'll test it, make a binary version of it, and send the executable
back to you so that you can review the result and make final changes.
BTW, do you run Windows or Linux?

Please do not waste time to translate the following entries:
- LW_LANG_STRING_HELP_COPYRIGHT
- LW_LANG_STRING_HELP_LICENSE
They are purely boring legal stuff, and I can find traductions of them
on http://www.gnu.org. Since I have some basic (very basic indeed...)
German skills I'll handle this part.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Christian.

PS: I just realized that I mispelled your name in the credits (forgot
the "n" at the end of your last name...). I'll change this ASAP 8-)

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>     __/\__ ___