Re: [Lynx-dev] reaching gmail in basic html?

From: Mouse
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] reaching gmail in basic html?
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 12:22:21 -0500 (EST)

> The Thunderbird story is interesting because prior to now I could use
> elinks and links, which both can incorporate JavaScript to reach my
> research gmail account.

> They no longer allow it though because google claims it is not the
> right kind of JavaScript.  Generally speaking I too would love
> learning how this is done.

This has to depend on something in your client.  Google cannot, after
all, observe anything about your client except its network behaviour;
something is provoking different network behaviour - or, possibly, your
client's blind trust in the JS Google is sending it is causing it to
refuse you locally without exhibiting _any_ network behaviour.

My guess would be that your JS implementation includes some kind of
"this is what sort of implementation I am" string, which Google is
asking it to send back - or, more stupidly but in my estimation a
little more likely, is checking somewhere in the JS code it sends to
you.  Learning details (without help from Google, which help I doubt
would be forthcoming) would probably require inspecting the JS it sends
and/or snooping the cleartext of the communication.  Neither one sounds
trivial to me, though.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                address@hidden