Re: [Lynx-dev] reaching gmail in basic html?

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] reaching gmail in basic html?
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 17:14:17 -0500 (EST)

1. I do not, cannot physically use the windows operating system.
2. I am not sure I follow the copy paste question at all, my goal is to reach my gmail account using lynx as I currently can with my main account. Any back door, because of the extensive research and mail history, contacts, stored documents and links existing in this inbox, much be as easily accessible as it would be normally from
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=html&zy=h
 which currently produces,
Couldn't sign you in

   The browser you're using doesn't support JavaScript, or has JavaScript
   turned off.

   To keep your Google Account secure, try signing in on a browser that
   has JavaScript turned on. [1]Learn more
     * Google
     * [2]Privacy
     * [3]Terms

   Change language [?English (United States)_]

Karen

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:

Karen Lewellen wrote in <Pine.LNX.4.64.1911051548060.24067@server2.shell\
world.net>:
|shellworld?
|I have no idea, as I have not needed to look.
|How does mutt manage the need for a browser, to follow e-mail links for
|example?

But if all else fails copy+paste should be possible, no?  On
X Windows, dependent on the window manager, you could also
configure mouse actions etc. so then URL selection + X would do it
for you.  If you use a terminal multiplexer like tmux this could
also be doable, mostly what i do.  I do not know whether mutt has
some hook which allows direct start of a browser for a given thing
you see in the pager.

(Btw., a couple of years ago i watched a video of Russ Cox
describing how he works with the Acme editor in Plan9(Port), and
there it shows how efficient mouse copy+paste can be.  It is [1].
Near the end i think he worked a bit.  Btw. the Plan9 Rio terminal
/ rc shell did not even have a history, it is all done via
scrolling, and copy + paste.  Not my thing, but if you can...)

 [1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP1xVpMPn8M

--steffen