Re: [Lynx-dev] problems using google

From: Mouse
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] problems using google
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 10:00:30 -0500 (EST)

> when the situation occurs normal internet usage is impossible with a
> browser,

Please don't confuse the Internet with the Web.

> that browser should bring the solution, not the users by moving away
> from such large things as google.

Where did you get this idea that it is somehow lynx's responsibility to
make up for Google's hostility towards it?  That makes about as much
sense as saying it should include a translation engine to compensate
for all the websites that aren't in Dutch.

If Google insists on refusing to interoperate, which is sure what this
sounds like to me, that's on Google.  It is not anyone else's
responsibility to somehow compensate, even if possible.

> i think a browser can not take itself [seriously] when the most
> visited site on earth is not usable.

I disagree when the problem arises because that site insists on
gratuitously breaking interoperability.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                address@hidden