Re: [Lynx-dev] problems using google

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] problems using google
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 10:55:40 +0000

On 15/11/2019 00:52, Karen Lewellen wrote:
I simply do not follow how Google believes  it can take choices away in this fashion simply because they are tired of trying to  support choices, so want to  educate myself, and perhaps do some press of my own.

I find it difficult to believe that Google would risk class action law suits over this, and that there has been no mention on the W3C-WAI mailing list.

On the other hand, to the extent it is true, it demonstrates why it is unreasonable to expect a volunteer maintained lynx browser to track and compensate for a the google search web site, if Google with billions of dollars behind them cannot copes with the corporate preferred accessibility aid, which is trying to work with real life web sites.