[Mldonkey-users] servers are blocking mldonkey, again.

From: Brett Dikeman
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] servers are blocking mldonkey, again.
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:16:20 -0500

I've noticed a continuous stream of people complaining they haven't been able to find sources for things.

I've also noticed said messages being answered by people assuming, for the most part, that the user has their system misconfigured, particularly network/NAT issues? It's an easy place to point a finger, but guess what- if they were workign fine before, switching to 2.01 isn't going to break their network.

I've noticed a BIG change in the availability of sources. As in, I leave mldonkey running for 24 hours and it finds -zero- sources for a file. It just so happens to coincide with my inability to connect to a lot of the places where sources are.

Looking for a file? Search for it using jigle.com, and then click on "serverlist"- that shows how many sources are available per server. Look at the IP/port for the top server, and search for it in your server list- it's probably there. Try to connect. Hmm, bounces from "connecting" to "not connected" pretty quick, doesn't it?

I went down a line of servers that jigle had just performed a search on for me...and guess what? Couldn't connect to any of them. I've noticed that I'm always connecting to oddball servers- none of the usual servers. Something is up.

Sounds like ludgnum(or whatever it is called) was just updated to block mldonkey.

Didn't I see something in the changelog for 2.01, something about a "network signature change"?

Brett