[Mldonkey-users] My first port: weird behavior and questions

From: Thomas T. Soares
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] My first port: weird behavior and questions
Date: 16 Dec 2002 20:19:30 -0200

Hi all!

I am new to this P2P environment and have bee using mldonkey about tree
  month now... So now that I have some questions that I really can not
  solve, this post list them:

1) Why some times mldonkey eat 98% os my CPU (PIII-933) for minutes?

2) How could one check the download progress using the telnet client?

3) It is possible to forward all the needed port in a firewall in such
   way that the gui could be used from distance?  I am talking about
   the gui that came with mldonkey not the browser one...

4) That the is worst question:

   HOME/DSL ----- INTENET ---- OFFICE/fireall ----- mldonkey

   As I am the admin of the OFFICE firewall I did some port forwarding
   and get the telnet connection working over port 4000.

   So, from HOME I can telnet straight to the PC running mldonkey.

   Than I did the same way with the 4080 port (tcp/udp) but can not
   get in using a browser (mozilla) !

   And... yes, I had fixed the ip range to accept all income calls
   coming from any address...  allowed_ips

Any tip welcomed... even a RTFM URL ;-)

Thank you.

--