Re: [Mldonkey-users] My first port: weird behavior and questions

From: Thomas T. Soares
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] My first port: weird behavior and questions
Date: 16 Dec 2002 21:53:39 -0200

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 20:51, Steffen Solyga wrote:
> Citing Thomas T. Soares (Monday, 2002/12/16 20:19)...
>
> > 1) Why some times mldonkey eat 98% os my CPU (PIII-933) for minutes?
>
> Maybe hashing, but I'm not shure.

IMHO this is not acceptable!!
It is heavier that compile the kernel...

> > 2) How could one check the download progress using the telnet client?
>
> Hitting vd does the trick.

OK - thanks. But thid "vd" command is not showed with the "?" !

Now one more, how to list the connected servers ?

> > 3) It is possible to forward all the needed port in a firewall in such
> >    way that the gui could be used from distance?  I am talking about
> >    the gui that came with mldonkey not the browser one...
>
> Yes. If you're running mldonkey on the firewall host just open
> 4001/tcp (or whatever port you're using) for incoming connections.
> If mldonkey runs on a different host you have to open a port
> on the firewall and you have to forward that port to the
> mldonkey host.

F... amazing!!

HOME/DSL ----- INTENET ---- OFFICE/fireall ----- mldonkey

The donkey server is not running in the gw/fw machine... it is running
in one other PC inside the Intranet.

Now, I can connect from home to the server using the gui, passing by the
firewall, via port forward, BUT can _not_ do it using a browser via the
forward of the 4080 port... I am stupid or what ?

Anyway, now with the gui I got ride of the telnet client... thank god!

Thank you you share your opinions to my questions.

Regards.