Re: [Mldonkey-users] My first port: weird behavior and questions

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] My first port: weird behavior and questions
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:49:40 +0100

Thomas T. Soares wrote...
> On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 05:49, Nicolas wrote:
> > Hashing gigs of data just takes time !
> But this should be done once, not each 20 minutes... Or did I understand
> wrong this hashing stuff?

The parameter defines the pause between hashing chunks of one file in
seconds. Its just needed once so mldonkey knows which parts of the
file were already downloaded. If you set this too low it will seem
like your mldonkey (or even the whole box) freezes because the cpu
usage can be very high...increasing the pause can help....