Re: [Mldonkey-users] My first port: weird behavior and questions

From: Steffen Solyga
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] My first port: weird behavior and questions
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 01:23:48 +0100

Citing Thomas T. Soares (Monday, 2002/12/16 21:53)...

>> Hitting vd does the trick.
>
> OK - thanks. But thid "vd" command is not showed with the "?" !

You're right. Think the meaning of vd changed somewhere in the past,
didn't recognized it. As far as I remember the meaning was
"view downloads".

> Now one more, how to list the connected servers ?

Welcome on mldonkey command-line

Use ? for help

?
Available commands are:
dump_heap :                             dump heap for debug
dump_usage :                            dump main structures for debug
close_fds :                             close all files (use to free space on
disk after remove)
commit :                                move downloaded files to incoming
directory
vd <num> :                              view file info
vm :                                    list connected servers

> Now, I can connect from home to the server using the gui, passing by the
> firewall, via port forward, BUT can _not_ do it using a browser via the
> forward of the 4080 port... I am stupid or what ?

As I said, maybe the port is used by something different already...
Just try another port for the http interface -- f.i. 4001/tcp
since gui forwarding works...
Meaning, get it running first bypassing "nearly well known ports"
and think about reasons afterwards.

Steffen.